The IRG-3401 facilitates cable, satellite and IPTV operators' migration towards IP infrastructures by offering a flexible highly integrated DVB-ASI/IP bidirectional gateway that can bridge any type of MPEG transport stream from/to IP networks. The high density allows 120 gateways per 3RU Densité 3 frame, saving substantial rack space in high channel count environments. Its scalability through modularity is the ideal solution to address increasing TV channel lineups.
The dual Ethernet SFP sockets allow fiber or electrical connectivity to the main and backup video backbone to provide complete redundancy of MPEG transport streams. Each DVB-ASI I/O can also be paired in redundant mode. Combined together the IP and DVB-ASI redundant ports offer a robust solution to ensure uninterrupted services.
- Very high density with 12 gateways per card / 120 gateways per 3RU frame
- Handle most demanding streams:
- • Up to 213 Mbps per DVB-ASI
- • Total of 900 Mbps on Ethernet
- Configure each DVB-ASI as an input or output
- Convert legacy ASI devices to IP with simultaneous IP to ASI and ASI to IP conversions
- Flexible IP connectivity through two distinct SFP ports for optical or electrical modules
- Full redundancy to avoid service interruptions:
- • Pair DVB-ASI I/O's as main and backup
- • Copy TS streams on both IP ports simultaneously (port mirroring)
- • Automatic change over switch for both Ethernet ports and DVB-ASI ports
- MPEG Cop3 FEC Support for better signal integrity over IP
- UDP/RTP encapsulation 1 to 7 TS/IP packet
- Better multicast traffic control using IGMPv3 MSM/SSM